Wednesday, August 5, 2009

From the mouths of babes.....

Oh how it would be to think like a child again, so simple, so innocent, so pure and not really understanding the realities of the world today. Yesterday the girls were asking a lot of questions about a little boy who has been missing in the area since July 24th. The community has really come together to search for him and it has been all over in the paper, on the news, and posters everywhere around town. Of course, Macee being as inquisitive as she is, has been asking lots of questions which have been very hard to answer. It is just not a fun topic to talk about with your kids either:( Unfortunately, they did find a small boys body in a canal a few days ago and it looks like it may be that of the missing boy. They were asking if it was him and I told them the police were not sure who the boy was yet that they found.
Jadyn then said, "Well if it is him then he is probably up in heaven huh, mom."
I agreed, and then Macee said, " I wish that somebody had Jesus' phone number so then we could just call him and ask if the boy is up there already and then everybody would know."
Ahh to think like a child, I think that is one of my favorite parts of being a parent is hearing the cute and creative things they say. Our hearts go out to the family and friends of this poor little boy.

1 comment:

Par 5 said...

That is so cute. What a sweet thing to say.
If I had His phone number, I could spend a few days on the phone. I have a few questions I would love to have answered!