Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Gotta Love Grandpa...


Yesterday was my Grandpa Ralph's 87th birthday and it brings back a lot of memories from when I was little. The way he tickled my face with his scruffy whiskers, taking my cousins and I floating in the river (amazingly we all eight of us girls made it out alive!) , seeing him half awake in his Lazy Boy recliner watching Jeopardy ( I think these were invented for Grandpas), and of course learning how to play cards from good old Grandpa! There are so many more fun things I remember about going to visit Grandpa and all of them so special and dear to my heart still.

Why is it that Grandparents are SO SPECIAL! They just seem to have this auora about them that always makes it so exciting to see them! My parents are now grandparents and for their grandkids it seems the same way...they are soo excited to go visit Granpma and Grandpa! To me they are just my parents though- but to them they are superheroes or something! Maybe it's the fact that they usually get spoiled with yummy treats and food, or get fun presents, or go to fun places. I do all of that for my kids too, but maybe just not quite like Grandma does!! Don't get me wrong- I love this feeling that I remember from my Grandparents and I love to see it in my own kids too. Yes, Grandparents really are super special... and I thank them for that. Thank You Grandpa for being the wonderful man that you are and being such a strong foundation for the future families to come! We love you so much!

1 comment:

lindsey said...

That was such a sweet entry! I think the best thing about growing up is seeing your own parents become grandparents. Something in them totally changes.

P.S. Your girls are SOOOO cute!