Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sometimes you just feel like an...IDIOT!


So, if you read my last blog entry, I made note of my dear Grandpa and his birthday on May 1st. Well, as I was cleaning out my file cupboard today, which needed it a long time ago, I came across my "Remember Date Calendar". It is a cute little hanging calendar type thing that my oldest sister made for me that has lines next to every day in each month where you write down birthdays and anniversaries of everyone you know and love and more! It was set still clear back to January and I began feeling awful as I flipped through the months and noticed all the birthdays I had forgotten:(

Well, sure enough as I turned to May...BOOM! I saw that I had also missed one of my dearest friends from high school's birthday which was also May 1st!!! She even commented on my thoughts about my Grandpa!! AHHH! As Napoleon Dynamite would say...."Freakin' Idiot!" At this time I would like to tell this dear friend how sorry I am for not remembering her and wish her the happiest Belated Greetings EVER in the history of Belated birthdays!!!

LINDSEY ZUFELT.... can you find it in your heart to forgive me??? I hope your day was wonderful and I love and miss you tons! Even though we have grown our separate ways and rarely see each other any more, I will never forget what a great friend you are and always have been. You are one of a kind and were always such a great friend who we could all count on...even when your friends didn't back you up against a weaselly sophomore!!! I won't mention any names there! My memories of you and the CATS... I mean girls and fun times at your house blowing hairballs across the kitchen table (oh man did I say that out loud- we really weren't always that lame) were some of the best and will always make me laugh and smile! Some days I wish we could all go back in time to the good old days - and then I quickly snap out of it ! Yikes! Anyway, Happy Belated and I love you tons!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Good memories - I was just thinking about late night t-peeing (sp?) with Marilyn as the getaway car driver. :) So much fun (though you couldn't pay me to go back to high school!!) :) I second the "great friend" Lindsey comments - how lucky we are to know her!!

lindsey said...

You are so nice. I am TERRIBLE at birthdays...but have SWORN to be better because this one was the BEST birthday ever...only because everyone said such nice things about me! And now you too! I love you TONS and miss you and hope that at some point this summer we can all be in Idaho Falls at the same time. Thank you for your kind words, and for being my friend, and for ALWAYS making me laugh. I love you too!

Anonymous said...

I miss all of you girls running up and down the stairs, coloring your hair(late at night) and just my other "daughters". Lindsey, hope you had a great birthday!! Missy, love your blogs! I can't believe how big your girls are. love ya!