Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary To Me!



Well, we surpassed the five year marker and celebrated our six year anniversary this weekend. Have I ever mentioned how great a guy I have? Well, he definitely outdid me this year- well he always does every year anyway. Ben is the ultimate gift giver and always comes up with great ideas for me. This year we went out to a yummy romantic dinner downtown at a fancy hotel, complete with a dozen red roses tableside! While at dinner I recievd my gift, which was a choice actually of two options...my choice. To explain a little more, with Ben's job they receive certain bonuses an incentives as they hit their sales goals and markers throughout the year. He has been doind really well and received a number of spiffs lately, including an Ipod, a Sega Game Pack, gift cards, and the latest a HUGE $1200 watch that weighs five pounds-bling bling! Well, he is about to hit another sales milestone which qualifies him for another HUGE bonus...which he very thoughtfully decided to give to his wife for all she puts up with and for all the late night hours he works and she misses him:) My present was a choice of a Hawaiin Vacation- ALOHA! Or Lasik eye surgery!! Holy cow I could not believe it! What a gift!
The problem is I can't decide!! He really looked into the eye surgery for me and has a consult and everything set up for a good doc and that would definitely be great and last me forever. But Hawaii!!?? You will soon find out my destiny! What a guy! Our night continued with a concert- which actually was my birthday present from Ben which was concert tickets to.......DAVID ARTCHULETTA!!!! The concert happened to be the same weekend as our anniversary:)
OK, so I know he kind of is the idol of teeny boppers nationwide, but this kid can sing and I love his amazing voice. So my sweetie did it once again and got me tickets and even attended with me! The best part was when we walked out side of the hotel to walk two blocks to the concert house a monsoon of rain hit and we had to stand in line getting soaked literally to the bone. Ladies, you know your man loves you when he stands in line to a David A. concert , shivering for 45 minutes after giving you his coat to block the rain and smiled the whole time:) What a guy!
The concert was great though, pretty funny too with the majority of the people being screaming 15 year old girls with signs saying "It's not just a crush David... I love you!" We definitely felt a little silly ( well Ben felt incredibly stupid) being there but it was worth it because he is even better in real life! Thanks for the best birthday/anniversary present ever and for stickin it out in the pouring rain for me like a drenched rat:)
We ended our night with another suprise, a night at the hotel with no kids and yummy cheesecake. Wow it felt great to sleep the whole night through without a child crawling into my bed and kicking me in the back the rest of the night! So, thanks again for a wonderful night hunny, you are truly amazing and so good to me and our family- love ya!

4 comments:

Candria said...

What a good hubby! What a great night!!! Ben, my anniversary is coming up if you'd like to give Dean any pointers.....

Salazars said...

Wow Ben! Can you give Enner some pointers :) Just kidding-I'd go for Hawaii Miss!!!

Sabrina said...

Oh man, Missy!!! Hawaii or Eyes??? Get the eyes done now, then save up and come to Hawaii next year with me and Evan- we'll stay in the Timeshares, so it will be cheaper!!! What a great night you had... Evan says "Thanks a lot for making th rest of us look lousy!" And I am a pinch jealous of the David A concert!

knightfamily said...

Good job Ben! I'm lucky to get a card and dinner on my anniversary. Happy Late Anniversary! Glad to hear it was a special one!