Monday, March 23, 2009

Merry X-mas, Happy New Year, Happy V-day, ETC.!

Yes, it is time I finally blog again and do a quick re-cap of oh say three-four months:) Please bear with me as it will be short and sweet and no time for details. We've once again had great news and bad news in our lives that just seem to always be going crazy! Let's see .... where to begin for those of you who thought I disappeared from the blogging world!
Christmas in IF was great with my family, lots of beautiful fun snow to play in and good food and company. Back home in Boise we enjoyed a nice celebration as well with Ben's family at our house. New Year's was uneventful as I worked that night at Carrabba's and came home to celebrate with Macee and Chelsea and sparkling cider:) The next night I worked again, only to find out that night the restaurant was closing it's doors as they could not keep up with the failing economy- no notice whatsoever, just thanks but tonight was your last night of employment:)
Since then I got a really good job though, but really did not like this job, coincidentally just got "let go" as they put it from the job, and started back at my old stomping grounds from college- the good old Red Robin! All you Dirty Birds out there are smiling I know:) Hey, it's a job for now, flexible schedule, and people in this economy are surprisingly still eating out:)
On a positive note- my father-in-law got a great Christmas gift this winter...his dream of becoming a district judge came true as he was appointed to a District Judge in Boise. Way to go Dick! The family is excited to have everyone in Boise now, well not quite as my mother -in-law is still back in Jerome trying to get their house and office sold and everything else closed up there to move up here. Hope she will join us here soon:)
We officially got kicked out of our rental home because of foreclosure so once again moved a few weeks ago to another rental. Our moving record is racking up once again, but this time it was not by choice:) We really like this neighborhood though and will hopefully be here a while:) Thanks to all those who helped in our swift moving efforts. We only had a few days to clear out and unfortunately we did not get all of our things out in time. I went back to the old house after work to gather up our things, but one day when I went someone had come and locked up the front door! Luckily I got in through the garage and was able to get everything else out, but was appalled to find that my WEDDING DRESS was MISSING!!! Our computer was still in the house, yet somebody felt the need to steal my wedding dress...how rude! So far we have been unable to recover it:(
Well, I think that about covers it in a nutshell, I will try and be better to update more than once every three months:)

1 comment:

Candria said...

Glad you're bloggin again! At least I have that to get updates from you!!! Call me sometime! Crazy life changing girl!