Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Field of Honor...







As I was driving last week I noticed a sign saying "Eagle Field of Honor" and as I drove further I saw a field full of American Flags, similar to the one they put up in July in Idaho Falls honoring all the military who have served or are serving our country. The City of Eagle (right next to Boise) has been doing this too for a few years now I guess. so for Memorial Day I thought we would take the kids over to see this great display and talk a little about the meaning behind it. It is so neat to see over 600 flags displayed all at once! While there we decided to sponsor a flag as well and got one in my Dad's name in honor of his many years of service in the military. I am very thankful for my Dad's support of this country and feel blessed he was able to serve safely and not have to travel too far or for too long during his work in Desert Storm. We got to put his name on a yellow ribon and attach it for lal to see and then we get to take the flag home at the end of the week. How cool- love you Dad!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

So cool! What a neat thing to do and to teach your girls! You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see you!! You're coming right? :)